Labels

General (3) Guidance (10) Pattern (10) Project (14) Tunisian (3)

Thursday, May 7, 2015

SWANS CONFERENCE THAT WAS TRANSFORMED FROM SWANS SYMPHONY

Assalamu ‘alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh : السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته 
(May the peace, mercy, and blessings of Allah be upon you

24 Swans Conference
12 Swans Conference





Few years ago a friend of mine at work, introduced me to Google where I could search anything including crochet patterns. So I started to search crochet patterns.
Once I opened a website where I could search for free patterns, a tittle caught my eye; "Swans Symphony", it was a doily pattern.
When I looked at the pattern, I was so amazed with this doily because that was the first time I saw 3D doily. Never cross my mind that it is possible to have 3D doily. All what I know before, a doily or tablecloth must be flat because we need to put things on top of it, on the table. I do really salute to the creation and idea of the designer. Right away I printed the patterns. I forgot to write the website link, I thought would be mentioned in the pattern.

On the front cover of this pattern only stated; at top left corner "A Coats Publication"; at top center "The Needlecraft Design Centre"; and at top right corner "Craft Folio no. 009". At the center of this page stated the name of pattern "Swans Symphony - Swan doilies" and the the picture.

On page 1 and 2, the written pattern.

On back cover consist of pictures of doilies and also the details information of doilies such as the materials required and measurement.

At the bottom stated:
Graphic Design by Coats Design Studio, Paisley

Published by J&P Coats (UK) Limited, 12 Seedhill Road Paisley

Printed in Great Britain by Brian Perry Associates Limited R2114

There wasn't mentioned any name of the doilies designer.

I tried to search again the Swans Symphony pattern, but couldn't find from the same website. I found at http://megan.cc/Swan/

I had tried to make as in the pattern. First time I just tried to make doilies consist of 4 swans. When it finished, It was so beautiful, my sister loved it, so I gave it to her. Next I made the 6 swans doilies, again I gave it to my sister.


4 swans doilies


After I look at the real 3D doily in front of me, I had an idea to make more than 6 swans around the doily. I did some thinking for awhile how could I modify that because all this time I only copy pattern from book. By doing several calculations how to increase the number of swans, several trial and error of enlarging the doily evenly, finally I could make the doilies with consist of 12 & 24 swans. I was so amazed to myself that I succeeded. Here I just want to share the picture of the 12 & 24 Swans doilies. (Sorry it is not very good picture).



12 Swans Conference

24 Swans Conference



My feeling so overwhelming to see all the outcome. I never imagine it became extraordinary. I cannot stop to create more and more something different from this pattern. So I made this swan coaster.

Swan Coaster
I also made 24 Swans Conference in bigger size by double the thread.
This doilies little bit bigger that 24 Swans Conference using single thread and this one is little bit thicker.


Tips to add the number of the swans;

The center of doily should be enlarged. Make sure that the number of loops of the last round is multiplying 4 of the swan amount, due to the distance between each swans consists of four loops.

Example: if we want to make a 24 swans; the loops amount of the last round is 24 * 4 = 96). Beginning with the number of loop in accordance with the desired number of swans; i.e. 24 swans at 2nd round.

There are 4 stages how to add the loops.
  • The first stage; the first number of loops divided by 2 (24 / 2 = 12) which means in every other loop (in multiples of 2 loops) add 1 loop, the loops are added 12, the total loop after increased are 36 loops (24 +12 = 36).
  • The second stage; Total loop at the first stage divided by 2 (36 / 2 = 18) which means in every other loop add 1 loop, the loop are added 18, the total loop after increased are 54 loops (36 +18 = 54).
  • The third stage; Total loop on the second stage divided by 3 (54 / 3 = 18) which means in multiples of 3 loops add 1 loop, the loops are added 18, the total loop after adding are 72 (54 +18 = 72).
  • The fourth stage; Total loop on the third stage divided by 3 (72 / 3 = 24) which means in multiples of 3 loops add 1 loop, the loops are added 24, the total loop after increased are 96 (72 +24 = 96).

* Make 5 rounds for each additional loops stage.


2 comments:

  1. Parabéns,lindo seu blog,seus trabalhos são maravilhosos.
    Sucesso para você!

    ReplyDelete