Labels

General (3) Guidance (10) Pattern (10) Project (14) Tunisian (3)

Saturday, September 19, 2015

My way to add the missing "round" in completed crochet project

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
Assalamu ‘alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh :
(May the peace, mercy, and blessings of Allah be upon you)


Sometimes, we didn't realise that we make mistake in crochet until the work is done; sometimes we miss a stitch and we just find out when we make the next row (round) and we reach that missing st part; even worst we might miss a full complete round without we realise it until the whole work complete i.e. one square/circle complete motif.

It is happen to me last night, I made beautiful square motif named Victorian Lattice Square by Destany Wymore. I guess, because I was so tired and very sleepy, I made the 3rd square without realized, I mistake. At  glance I didn't see the mistake, I was just wonder why the shape was not the same like other 4 squares I made. It was kind of wavy, while the other squares were nicely flat square, however I continued to join each square at the last round.

This morning, when I wanted to take picture of each square, OMG, one square missed a whole round, I missed the 2nd round, no wonder it was kind of wavy. I was kind of panic thinking I had to rip off the whole square.
Ooo nooo.... I don't want to do that, I am so lazy to do that.....

Suddenly I remembered, once a friend asked me to shorten a crochet dress I made for her. At that time I couldn't just cut off from the bottom of the dress because it would ruin the edging motif, so I had to cut off in the middle side of the dress, where not much of motif (just simple motif). I discovered a way to cut of in the middle without made it looked like had been cut off and rejoined back.
So I tried that way to altered the square.

Before I show how I altered without rip off the whole square, let me show you how the pretty square look like, the one I made in multi-colors


Victorian Lattice Square
Pattern by Destany Wymore

Here, the one that missed the 2nd round:



Below are step by step how I rip off and then redo the missing round:

First, find the last st of the below missing round, i.e, I missed the 2nd round, so I should find the last st of the 1st round, cut the yarn/thread there in any loop of that st (don't cut the whole loops of the st), hold the end that we can rip off the previous sts slowly without take out the thread from each sts of the above round (in this case is the 3rd round).

After the whole sts of the 1st round ripped off, start to re-do the rounds in accordance with the pattern. Don't forget to add new thread at the other end of the cut thread. In this case we need to add one round, so for sure need more new yarn/thread.


- Image 1 and 2 - to show the sts of 1st round had been ripped off but the thread still in each sts of 3rd round. 

Note:
It is very important to keep the thread still in each sts of the above round, so when we make the new st of 2nd round in between sts of the 3rd round, we will slip out the last st through next st of 3rd round before we make next st of 2nd round, so it  won't look like had been altered.


- From image 3 till the last images (17) - to show how each sts of the 2nd round made and placed the position in between sts of 3rd round  in accordance to the pattern.

I don't know how to explain in simple and understandable words each steps. Hope these images clear enough to explain the way I used to alter crochet project without necessary to rip off all completed work.

I am so happy finally I solve the problem. I could altered the square by adding the missing round without ripped off the whole parts. Yeaaah..... Alhamdulillah
I am glad I can share with anyone here, hope will be so useful to anyone meet the same or similar case.

Happy crochet & knit.....:)




No comments:

Post a Comment